Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bronchitis, ear infections, and the flu...oh my!

We have had a trying week and a half at the Stag house. It started with Sam, who came down with a nasty cough, runny nose and overall grumpiness about a week ago. My husband took him to the doctor last Thursday, and they told us he had a cold. No RSV, no strep, no ear infections...just a cold. I stayed home with Sam the next day, and after his four hour nap, he woke up with a fever and was very lethargic. Very un-Sam like. So, back to the doctor for another check up. This time, both ears were infected, he was wheezing and had a fever. We did two breathing treatments at the clinic, as well as a double dose of steroids. We brought home our sick Sam, and he immediately started doing better....until Saturday night. Saturday, he was grumpy on and off all day. Saturday night, he was inconsolable. Our sweet Sam, who is always in a good mood, who falls asleep after happily playing in his crib was crying, non-stop till the wee hours of the morning.

Sunday afternoon we couldn't take it anymore...we took him BACK to the doctor, who said the combo of his steroids, breathing treatments and antibiotics were causing a bad reaction (no joke). We're still on the antibiotics, but stopped everything else. And now we have Sweet Sam back. I missed him so much!!!

Now that Sam is better, it's Henry's turn to be under the weather. Monday he woke up with a fever. Ryan took the day off and took both boys to the doctor (4th time for Sam in 5 days!). Sam was on the mend, but Henry had the flu.

So that's how our week has gone! Luckily, we had a bizarre snow storm Monday night and have been iced in ever since. No school since the beginning of the week!! We're all going a little crazy...I haven't even put shoes on since Monday...but we're hanging in! It couldn't have come at a better time for my sick boys.

I've been able to sew alot, but I'm at a stand still for many projects. I need to get to Joann's to buy a few things, but the roads are too icy. Guess I'll have to get creative with what I've got!

No comments:

Post a Comment